Monday, October 19, 2009

My poor baby sis...

The last 5 days at the Hardt house has been a little crazy. My poor little sister Hadlee was attacked by a dog on Wednesday the 14th. The poor little girl has been through so much in less than a week. Within 2 seconds of her getting attacked my dad grabbed her and rushed her out to the car, my mom grabbed the keys and followed. They rushed her to Mercy Gilbert ER where the Doctors told them they couldn't stitch her up and that she needed to get to Phoenix Childrens ASAP. My parents rushed her there where they operated on her around 1am. She had two really deep wounds that required three layers of stitching as well as some bonding stuff. She had quite a few puncture wounds that also required stitches. She was in surgery for about 1 1/2 hours. After waking up from the anastesia (not quite sure how to spell) she was able to come home around 4am. That next morning we were all so sad but thankful at the same time. We were so happy that she was still here with us. We were also glad to see that her face looked a lot better stitched up. The following picture is pretty gross but doesn't look quite as bad as it did in person...my phone camera is that great.


Before surgeryAfter surgery...the cut that goes from her lip down went all the way through:(


Well on Friday morning we decided we would call a pediatric plastic surgeon to see what he thought about the stitching and scarring. We called the office and told them what happened and the doctor said he wanted to see her that day. My mom took her in just or a little check up. We must say we are so thankful that the doctor wanted to see her ASAP. As soon as they walked in the nurse asked a few questions about Hadlee's face and quickly got the doctor. The doctor took one look and said he needed to poke at the wounds. The wounds were infected and he said he needed to do surgery ASAP. The nurse walked them across the street to the hospital and they began prepping her for surgery #2. They knocked her out and cleaned re-opened all of the stitches and cleaned out the wounds. They then packed the wounds with meds and gauze, taped her and wrapped her up then sent her home. Then said she would have to come back for surgery three today.
After surgery#2 man she was quite the character she loved to boss everyone around! I'm pretty sure she is yelling at me telling me NO, NO, NO she isn't a fan of pics.


So she went in for surgery three today, and her big cuts were still infected. They cleaned them again and packed them with gauze, and hope it goes away by Wednesday or Thursday before she does surgery #4.

picture from today the only one I could get

Hadlee is so amazing she is so stinkin' tough! She doesn't really cry just gets a little angry! We love her so much and can't wait until this awful nightmare is over! We are also so thankful that it is not any worse than it has been. I would also like to thank everyone for their love and kindness...and all the goodies:)



4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!!! Poor thing that is horrible!! I am glad that she is going to be ok!! She must be a tough little girl!! We will keep her in our prayers!! I hope that your dad went out with his shot gun and took care of business!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nightmare!!!! I bet your mom is soo tired. We miss you guys and we will pray for Hadley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you kidding?!!! I had NO clue!! I wish I still lived close so I could help!! The pictures make me sick, I feel so bad!! Poor Had!! I'm far away but if I can help let me know!! I will call you later to check on her!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whit, Markee called me yesterday and filled me in! I feel sick for all of you. Poor little girl! Please update your blog with pictures and info so that we can keep up on the latest. She will be in our prayers. But I have to say that Hardt's are tough and she will get through this. I hope you got rid of the dog!

    ReplyDelete