Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sawyer's Blessing

Sawyer's Blessing Day...and a few thoughts

Over Thanksgiving weekend we were able to bless Sawyer. Marcus did such a great job. It is so amazing to me that we have the priesthood here and my husband holds it. It is such a great blessing:)

Today while in church President Matheson spoke to us and talked about the birth of his newest granddaughter, and he said something that really made me think about Sawyer and the day she was born, her blessing and the trust our Father in Heaven gives to us. He talked about how he was able to look at his new granddaughter and hold her when she was just 2 hours old...and how he could see the purity of her spirit and to know that she is a daughter of God.

This really made me think back to when Sawyer was born, and I remember how great it was to be able to hold her, her presence seemed to be overwhelming with the spirit (I can't really figure out how to say what I felt). During the blessing I was overwhelmed with the spirit and find it a privilage to know that Heavenly Father in trusted me with this beautiful daughter of God. That Marcus and I have the great responsibility to teach her to live the gospel. I am so Thankful that we have little Sawyer as well as Clate and I hope we can live up to our Heavenly Fathers expectations ans be great parents to the both of them:)

We had a lot of support from friends and family at the blessing, and we are so glad they were able to come share this special day with us. Thanks to all!!


Not the best family picture, but we got a quick pic in before Clate ran off

Kari, Hadlee, Sawyer and I before we left to church
My momma and Sawyer

Sawyer and her cute little big smile

posing
Sawyer and I

Grandma and Sawyer
Aunt Kelly, Kari, Mom

Grandpa and Clate

Cassidi, Sherod, Aunt Heather, Bailey

My Pops, Aunt Heather, and Uncle Thumper

Kari and my Momma...couldn't have pulled it off with out these two:)

Sherod and Shannon

Grandma Glo, Bailey, Sherod, Cassidi, and Riley

Sawyer after it all went down

2 comments: